- Buy $1 tin cans from the Target Dollar Spot.
- Put one in front of desks of two (or three, or four, etc.).
- Students can only throw their trash away into these little cans – they cannot get up to throw trash away in the big bins. No questions.
- Each group is responsible for emptying their trash can at the end of the day (or recess / lunch / etc. if need be).
- Students switch turns taking out the trash weekly.
- If students forget to take the trash out, they lose points, credit, money from your class economy system, etc.
Hi there! We're two middle school ELA teachers with a mission to share ideas, tips, and tricks for effectively teaching reading and writing in the secondary classroom. We're so happy you stopped by!
Caitlin + Jessica
Search Our Site
Our Latest Posts
March 27, 2019
March 15, 2019
March 3, 2019