Because Jessica and I just celebrated our birthdays, we thought it was the perfect opportunity to shake things up, share a little bit about ourselves, and give you a peek into our lives behind the business.
The similarities between us are endless, including sharing the same alma mater (though we actually didn’t know each other in college); and to this day, our husbands claim that we sound and act exactly alike. And we really do! Down to our love of early lunches and an ice cold Coca-Cola, Jessica and I have so much in common and work incredibly well together.
Our journey as colleagues and business partners began almost a decade ago, and today we share a bit about our backgrounds, how we met, and our answers to three surprise questions in order to delve a bit deeper into who we are as educators, business owners, and women.
Tune in to hear:
- [01:15] A bit about Jessica (the other half of EB Academics)
- [03:00] A bit about Caitlin & the parallels between us
- [05:20] How our similarities make us great partners in business
- [06:10] Caitlin’s opinion on the one thing that makes a quality Language Arts program
- [08:00] Caitlin’s advice on what to do if your ELA program separates reading & writing class
- [08:55] Why Jessica decided to become a teacher
- [10:35] Caitlin’s experience in her first job
- [12:55] Jessica’s favorite adventure
- [15:35] Caitlin’s professional shift from teaching to working as a business owner
- [18:42] Jessica’s favorite high school text
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, we want to encourage you to do that today. We don’t want you to miss a single episode. We add a brand-new episode every week, and if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra awesome today, we would be super grateful if you left us a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find our podcast, and they’re also so much fun for us to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let us know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!