Learn how to take your narrative writing instruction and your students’ writing results to the next level by joining us for our FREE live training!
Do you ever feel like your students’ narrative writing–even after weeks of mini lessons and revisions–still just kind of…stinks? If so, you are not alone! We’ve been there, and we hear over and over from teachers in our community that their students are not making the writing gains they’d like.
Your frustrations are totally valid, and it’s a good sign that you want to see significant improvements in your students’ work! The problem is that, so often, when we complain or feel aggravated by our students’ lack of success, we often attribute it to a failure on their part. But what if our students’ struggles actually reflect an area of weakness that we, as the teachers, have?
In today’s episode, Jessica and I unpack two reasons your students’ narrative writing isn’t meeting your expectations, and we share exactly how you can change that! Prepare to put your ego aside and learn some simple strategies to dramatically improve your instruction and get you and your students the writing results you’ve always wanted.
Tune in to hear:
- [00:35] Why we may be the reason our students aren’t making writing growth
- [02:35] Change #1 you should make in your instructional approach
- [04:30] How our Narrative Writing Course and Eb Teacher’s Club supports our approach to narrative writing
- [07:05] How our Bell Ringers support narrative writing skills
- [07:45] Change #2 you should make in your instructional approach for narrative writing
- [12:05] All about our FREE Narrative Writing Training on June 25th
- [12:45] Our brand new and FREE writing guide to help students master the writing standards
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, we want to encourage you to do that today. We don’t want you to miss a single episode. We add a brand-new episode every week, and if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra awesome today, we would be super grateful if you left us a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find our podcast, and they’re also so much fun for us to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let us know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!