Maybe you can relate to our EB Teacher’s Club and Narrative Writing Course member, Melissa Nakamura. Before enrolling in our writing course, Melissa’s lessons for narrative writing were pieced together and often unorganized. While she had no problem getting students engaged in the idea of writing a narrative piece, she did struggle to create a logical sequence of lessons that resulted in strong finished products from her students.
Melissa knew she wanted to add more structure to her narrative writing units, but didn’t want to limit her students’ creativity or enjoyment of the writing process. Does any of this ring true for you, too?
Today’s episode will help! On the podcast, Melissa shares how the EB Narrative Writing Course changed not only her experience teaching writing, but also the academic outcomes of her students. She discusses how the strong and logical mini lessons in the course, accompanied by the recommended mentor texts, helped transform her students’ writing.
To learn more about how our “How to Teach Narrative Writing” Course can work for you and your students, join us for a live webinar where we discuss the program in detail.
Tune in to hear:
- [01:10] All about Melissa Nakamura!
- [03:09] How Melissa taught narrative writing in the past
- [03:56] Why Melissa’s old ways of teaching narrative didn’t work
- [04:55] How to balance both structure and creativity in narrative writing
- [09:10] How the EB Narrative Course improved the writing of Melissa’s students
- [10:20] Why Melissa loved the mentor texts in the Narrative Course
- [12:13] All about the EB Narrative Course mini lessons
- [14:45] Why Melissa recommends the EB Narrative Writing Course to all her colleagues
- [16:00] Melissa’s opinion of the EB Teacher’s Club
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, we want to encourage you to do that today. We don’t want you to miss a single episode. We add a brand-new episode every week, and if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra awesome today, we would be super grateful if you left us a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find our podcast, and they’re also so much fun for us to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let us know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!