Join our FREE Facebook Group to learn Three Proven Strategies to Engage Your Students in Your ELA Classroom (even online!).
Do you think you can prepare yourself for a little tough love today? And, hang on, I know what you’re thinking… everything about this year already feels like tough love! But hear us out, because what we’re going to share today just might turn your entire year around.
You may not know this, but Jessica and I are fascinated by the power of mindset to achieve big goals. In fact, mindset plays a huge role in our company’s strategy and in everything we produce for our EB Teachers. But with all the challenges of this year, we’ve noticed that teachers are really (and understandably) struggling. From conversations we observe online, it’s clear that many teachers are getting trapped in negative thought patterns and limiting beliefs.
Today, we want to offer a little tough love so that you feel empowered rather than defeated and paralyzed. We believe that this year can be better than any other–yes, really! In this episode, we share the four reasons you’re holding yourself–and your students–back, and we offer you the pep talks you might need to get your mind refreshed and refocused on all that is possible. I promise that you will leave this episode feeling inspired and motivated to make incredible change.
Tune in now to hear:
- [00:40] Why you’ll need to open your mind to a little tough love today
- [01:30] Three Proven Strategies to Engage Your Students in Your ELA Classroom
- [02:50] Why engagement and rigor are our core values
- [04:45] Why we’re calling teachers out!
- [05:15] How to manifest what you want
- [07:25] What to do when we don’t know how to do something
- [13:10] The lies we tell ourselves about our capabilities
- [17:10] Why you have to stop the negative conversations and what you should do instead
- [19:50] Why you need to take note of where your attention goes
- [22:00] Lean into a new and positive mantra!
- [23:00] Join us for our FREE masterclass and Facebook Group!
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, we want to encourage you to do that today. We don’t want you to miss a single episode. We add a brand-new episode every week, and if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra awesome today, we would be super grateful if you left us a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find our podcast, and they’re also so much fun for us to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let us know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!