It’s the end of the school year, and not just any school year . . . THIS school year. At this point, you may be feeling like you’re just trying to keep your head above water as you swim through the last weeks of school. Listen to this episode if you’re looking for easy ways to shift your mindset and find joy and positivity in your teaching life, even in these last hard weeks!
Today, we are giving you 3 easy tips for thriving instead of surviving. Get ready to set aside any self-destructive behaviors or thoughts as Caitlin and Jessica give advice on finding a supportive community, fostering positive energy, and being good to yourself.
In this episode, Caitlin and Jessica’s 3 tips on thriving instead of surviving will give you the inspiration you need to find joy and energy in your teaching and personal life. They will discuss the importance of finding the right teacher community, avoiding the temptation to compare yourself to others, and rewarding yourself for all the hard work that you do.
Tune in now to hear:
- [02:50] Caitlin and Jessica discuss the need for thriving instead of surviving in the classroom, especially toward the end of a difficult year. They will share 3 things to think about, to help you make this happen!
- [01:00] Tip #1: Surround yourself with people who lift you up
- [03:30] Tip #2: Don’t fall into the “comparison trap”
- [05:10] How the EB Teacher’s Club provides a supportive community, where teachers lift each other up and provide positive energy
- [06:10] Tip #3: Plan a reward for yourself (and follow through on it!)
- [09:00] How do you plan to reward yourself? Share with us on Instagram!
- [10:00] Preview of next episode: How to plan rigorous lessons without stressing students out
- [10:20] Don’t forget to grab your free Detective Lesson!
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, we want to encourage you to do that today. We don’t want you to miss a single episode. We add a brand-new episode every week, and if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra awesome today, we would be super grateful if you left us a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find our podcast, and they’re also so much fun for us to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let us know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!