Are you looking for a way to refresh your teaching with new ideas and strategies? Would you like the kind of support a coach can offer: encouragement, guidance, and advice? Then what you need is the perfect mentor! Every teacher can benefit from having a great mentor. Listen here as Caitlin and Jessica show you how to find one!
Listen as Caitlin and Jessica talk about the benefits of solid mentorship. They discuss their own experiences before they found mentors, and how their teaching lives changed as a result of finding the right coaches in their lives. Additionally, they talk about the importance of being open to the ideas of others, in order to keep growing professionally.
Were you not given a great mentor when you started teaching, or do you not know where to find one now? Don’t worry, Caitlin and Jessica have you covered.In this episode, they give some great ideas on finding the right mentor for you, whether that person comes from your school, your district, or even online. Listen to learn more!
Tune in now to hear:
- [01:00] Why you need a great mentor
- [02:50] We want to help you gain more free time and spend less time planning
- [03:50] What you can get out of the EB Academics Pop-Up Facebook Group (opening Saturday, June 19!)
- [04:30] Join us for our FREE one-hour live event! The topic: 3 strategies for creating engaging lessons in less than one hour a week. A couple dates to choose from.
- [6:30] Caitlin and Jessica share their difficult experiences beginning teaching without a mentor
- [07:40] The greatest athletes have coaches. Teachers need them, too!
- [08:30] Teachers should always be students
- [09:00] What should you do if you don’t have a great mentor? Here are some ideas!
- [09:20] Find a great teacher (or teachers) in your building or district to observe
- [12:00] Use the internet (podcasts, Instagram, etc.). Just be sure to avoid information overload.
- [12:20] The positive effects of having a great mentor
- [14:00] How mentors can open our eyes to help that we sometimes didn’t even know we needed
- [15:00] the benefits of being open to outside viewpoints and advice
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, we want to encourage you to do that today. We don’t want you to miss a single episode. We add a brand-new episode every week, and if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra awesome today, we would be super grateful if you left us a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find our podcast, and they’re also so much fun for us to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let us know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!