Listen in as Caitlin and Jessica explain how they use literary analysis as the foundational structure for other forms of writing. They will talk about how to spiral this learning throughout the year, so you can watch students’ skills and confidence grow!
They will discuss how all writing styles build off the basic elements of literary analysis. This writing structure will even improve students’ listening and speaking skills, as students develop the strategies they need to create premises, provide evidence, and justify their arguments.
The ripple effects of teaching literary analysis will astound you, as students use these lessons to create other awesome essays, including those required in otherwise nerve-wracking state tests. They will bring their new skills to other classes, feeling confident in themselves as writers.
Tune in now to hear:
- [02:30] Join us for our free live event, 4 Proven Strategies for Teaching Literary Analysis
- [02:50] Open enrollment for the EB Writing Program begins at the end of this month! (July)
- [03:40] Teaching with a game plan: the EBW approach
- [03:15] Don’t forget to spiral!
- [05:20] How all the other writing styles build off of literary analysis
- [6:10] Tying literary analysis into your reading lessons
- [06:40] Encouraging students to write about what they read about
- [08:10] Using students’ new writing confidence to build discussion confidence: Socratic Seminars
- [09:30] The positive ripple effect of teaching literary analysis
- [10:10] Teachers agree: a testimonial to the EBW approach
- [10:10] Listen next week as Caitlin and Jessica talk writing
Want to learn more about joining The EB Writing Program or how to start the purchase order process for your school district?
Visit : https://www.ebwritingprogram.com/school-licensing
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, we want to encourage you to do that today. We don’t want you to miss a single episode. We add a brand-new episode every week, and if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra awesome today, we would be super grateful if you left us a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find our podcast, and they’re also so much fun for us to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let us know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!