What do great writing teachers have in common? They all engage in these three practices! Listen to see which of these methods you already use, and which you could start adopting today.
Caitlin and Jessica will explain how effective writing teachers use a scope and sequence, limit their time spent grading, and engage their students in order to create strong writers without burning themselves out along the way.
Caitlin and Jessica will show you why you need a road map for your school year and how rubrics can speed up your grading. Finally, they will give you some ideas for lessons that will hook your young writers, helping them buy in to their lessons. Be a great writing teacher without stressing yourself out!
Tune in now to hear:
- [00:50] Join us for our free live event, 4 Proven Strategies for Teaching Literary Analysis
- [03:40] 3 things all great writing teachers already do
- [04:20] #1: Use a scope and sequence
- [07:20] #2: Limit time spent grading
- [08:00] Use a rubric to make grading faster
- [12:40] #3: Engage their students, getting them pumped up to write
- [13:00] Some great ways to hook your students
- [15:50] EB Writing Program opens for enrollment next week!
- [16:20] Join us next week as Caitlin and Jessica talk about working less and getting better results
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, we want to encourage you to do that today. We don’t want you to miss a single episode. We add a brand-new episode every week, and if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra awesome today, we would be super grateful if you left us a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find our podcast, and they’re also so much fun for us to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let us know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!