Caitlin and Jessica will share tips on how to incorporate more collaboration into the lessons you are already planning — just a few tweaks can make a huge difference in the level of engagement you see from your students.
Next, be inspired to spark connections in your classroom! Caitlin and Jessica talk about the importance of student-to-student and student-to-teacher connections, and they will share some simple but powerful ideas for creating an environment in which your students will thrive.
Tune in now to hear:
- [01:35] Be, Do, Thrive: Be the teacher you want to be, Do great work, and Thrive in and outside of the classroom!
- [02:40] What can we do to get the spark back after a hard year?
- [03:15] Collaboration: our kids are craving it!
- [04:10] Making your classroom a safe space for discussion
- [04:50] Easy shifts you can make to your existing lessons to increase collaboration
- [06:20] The importance of connection in the classroom
- [07:10] Try a daily greeting with your students
- [08:50] The power of names
- [09:30] Using bell ringer time to talk one-on-one with students
- [10:05] Share yourself to help students connect with you
- [12:00] When students feel connected in your classroom, they learn better
- [12:50] Join Caitlin and Jessica next week as Jessica shares her favorite back-to-school activity!
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, we want to encourage you to do that today. We don’t want you to miss a single episode. We add a brand-new episode every week, and if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra awesome today, we would be super grateful if you left us a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find our podcast, and they’re also so much fun for us to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let us know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!