If you’re spending too much of your personal time (after school, weekends, and during breaks) planning and grading, then listen as Caitlin and Jessica talk batch planning: what it is, how to get started, and what you can do with all that free time you’ll have after you’ve implemented this approach!
Caitlin and Jessica will talk about the process of batch planning, which is essentially the process of planning your lessons in large batches at a time, so you have long, organized stretches of time during which you can leave school ON TIME.
Worried about putting so much work into planning, only to see your plans go out the window when inevitable schedule or school changes happen? Caitlin and Jessica will also show you how to handle these teaching road bumps without losing all your hard work and prep. What do you have to lose, other than stress? Try batch planning today!
Tune in now to hear:
- [01:10] If you’re scrambling for lessons and staying way too late after school, maybe you haven’t tried batch planning yet!
- [01:30] Why batch planning is the #1 thing you can do to get home on time
- [02:00] Teacher testimonials
- [03:20] Want some extra support in your batch planning? Join the EB Teacher’s Club waitlist. Enrollment periods open periodically throughout the school year.
- [04:00] Let EB Academics provide you with frameworks for batch planning AND lesson planning. Plus get great, positive community support from teachers like you ❤
- [04:50] Why are we talking about batch planning in October? It’s never too late!
- [05:40] Plan in small chunks if you’re feeling overwhelmed with planning. Experience the joy of waking up feeling organized!
- [07:30] Some other Teaching Middle School ELA podcast episodes that help with the details of batch planning: episodes #62, #102, and #104
- [08:30] Taking baby steps to get your feet wet
- [09:30] A big, unexpected change in your school or schedule does NOT have to mean that your batch planning work goes out the window!
- [10:20] Some easy tips for keeping your sanity and saving your planning when unexpected circumstances arise
- [12:20] The positive ripple effects of batch planning. What are you going to do with all your free time? Some fun, rejuvenating ideas!
- [16:40] Let it be easy: simplify your life with batch planning
- [17:20] Join Caitlin and Jessica next week as they show you how to hook students at the beginning of any unit
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, we want to encourage you to do that today. We don’t want you to miss a single episode. We add a brand-new episode every week, and if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra awesome today, we would be super grateful if you left us a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find our podcast, and they’re also so much fun for us to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let us know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!