Have you ever found yourself suddenly weak or “hangry” while teaching? Do you regularly come home with takeout because it feels too hard to make dinner on time after a long day of work? Like everyone else, teachers need balance in order to thrive, and part of this balance comes from how we nourish ourselves. Listen as Kara C. Rubino, a teacher and health coach shares her suggestions for making small health changes that will have a huge impact.
Eating healthier doesn’t have to mean overhauling your whole lifestyle or giving up all the foods you love. It also doesn’t have to consume all of your free time and weekends. Kara will offer some great tips, recipe ideas, and meal planning strategies. Choose the ones that will work for you and your family, to start feeling healthier right away!
Many of Kara’s ideas already fall in line with what you’ve learned through EB Academics or through this podcast: plan with intention, prep ahead where you can, and “rinse and repeat” recipes and foods to make life easier. Take a listen and try out a few of these game-changing ideas today!
Tune in now to hear:
- [00:40] Kara, a reading interventionist, nutritionist, and holistic health coach, shares the journey that carried her toward a more healthy, holistic lifestyle.
- [03:30] Kara explains how a lot of our health is in our control.
- [05:00] Being healthier doesn’t mean giving up everything we love.
- [05:30] Quick note: Follow Kara on Instagram at kara.c.rubino
- [06:00] Caitlin asks Kara how teachers can fit healthy food into their busy schedules and Kara shares some suggestions
- [08:30] Tip #1: To help maintain a balanced mood and feel full, start with making changes to your breakfast. Kara shares how to incorporate protein, fats, and fiber into breakfast.
- [15:00] How to make time for this great breakfast!
- [17:00] Tip #2: Make healthier choices with dinner. Kara shares how the batch planning approach to meal prep can help people to fit healthy dinners into their schedules. (And no, it won’t take up your whole weekend!)
- [19:00] Kara shares some companies she likes to order her ingredients from.
- [21:00] Kara shares some of her favorite easy dinners.
- [23:20] How to make a habit of healthier eating without overwhelming yourself
- [34:00] Kara reminds listeners that she has given many tips and ideas, but even trying just one or two can make a huge difference!
- [37:00] Visit Kara’s website for more inspiration, advice, and recipe ideas!
Helpful links from Kara:
Butcher Box: Meat Delivery Subscription | ButcherBox
Thrive Market: Thrive Market | Healthy living made easy
Soup Recipe: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1021776-lemony-white-bean-soup-with-turkey-and-greens?ds_c=71700000052595478&gclid=Cj0KCQiAmKiQBhClARIsAKtSj-mA0TEoSPaleaJ5t8HyLZj3E4QS4sFvsW4glF_7wH4PiTlTR0pq3MwaApNiEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, we want to encourage you to do that today. We don’t want you to miss a single episode. We add a brand-new episode every week, and if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra awesome today, we would be super grateful if you left us a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find our podcast, and they’re also so much fun for us to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let us know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!