One of the biggest challenges teachers face during the holiday season is transitioning from teaching to enjoying the holiday and not worrying about lesson plans. This can be one of the most stressful times of the year for you, and we want to help you mitigate this stress as much as possible.
Today we’re going to share three strategies for setting yourself up for success during the holiday season so you can walk out the door with a smile on your face knowing that you have plans throughout the year that will make December a wonderful time to spend with family and friends.
Tune in now to hear:
- [2:31] Caitlin and Jessica starts off the podcast by sharing some of their experiences and strategies in preparing for a relaxing winter break
- [4:05] Jessica shares strategy #1: nail down your last week before winter break now and think of it as a holiday gift to yourself. You can have your students participate in a fun descriptive writing activity!
- [7:45] Caitlin goes on to share another idea to make your classes feel more “holiday-y”
- [9:19] Jessica moves on to strategy #2: plan out your unit for the week or two after winter break
- [12:47] Caitlin mentions strategy #3: schedule something fun to look forward to over winter break to keep your students motivated!
- [14:49] Doing these ideas from Caitlin and Jessica will guarantee to set yourself up for success during the holiday season!
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, we want to encourage you to do that today. We don’t want you to miss a single episode. We add a brand-new episode every week, and if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra awesome today, we would be super grateful if you left us a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find our podcast, and they’re also so much fun for us to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let us know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!