General education teachers often struggle with how to best utilize a paraprofessional in their classroom. Today Jennifer Hofferbe,r from Sped Prep Academy, joins us to help fill in the gaps.
Tune in now to hear:
- [2:32] Jennifer begins discussing paraprofessionals and their many different titles.
- [4:31] Caitlin and Jennifer discuss how most schools are currently utilizing paraprofessionals in their classrooms.
- [2:13] She explains that step #1 is finding an engaging podcast episode to play in class.
- [3:42] Step #2 is to come up with 5-10 questions for students to answer as they listen to the podcast.
- [4:56] Caitlin tells that step #3 is printing out a transcript of the episode for students to read after listening.
- [5:31:] Caitlin explains that step #4 is having a focused class discussion using the questions and notes from the podcast episode.
- [6:13:] She gives examples of additional questions that can be used with any podcast episode to meet the standards.
- [6:50:] Caitlin shares that step #5 is to reflect on the lesson.
- [7:15:]She gives a few tips and tricks for holding a successful class discussion.
Click here to watch on Youtube!
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, we want to encourage you to do that today. We don’t want you to miss a single episode. We add a brand-new episode every week, and if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra awesome today, we would be super grateful if you left us a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find our podcast, and they’re also so much fun for us to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let us know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!