Are you finding it tougher than usual to get motivated to teach? Are you struggling to get your students excited about ELA class? Try implementing short stories to help make the weeks go by a little faster and help keep students on their toes. In today’s episode, I’m going to share 3 short stories with amazing activities that you can rinse and repeat all year long.
Tune in now to hear:
- [:11] Caitlin suggests teaching short stories to help make the weeks go by faster and keep students on their toes.
- [:50] Caitlin introduces “The Treasure of Lemon Brown” and walks you through an engaging treasure hunt activity.
- [2:52] Caitlin begins discussing the “Lamb to the Slaughter” prediction activity.
- [6:13] Caitlin introduces the third short story “Amigo Brothers” and explains our Conflict Knockout game.
- [9:58] Caitlin discusses the importance of games in the ELA classroom.
- [10:30:] Caitlin invites you to try some of these engaging activities in your classroom.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, we want to encourage you to do that today. We don’t want you to miss a single episode. We add a brand-new episode every week, and if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra awesome today, we would be super grateful if you left us a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find our podcast, and they’re also so much fun for us to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let us know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!