You have to be intentional when focusing on the speaking and listening standards. Your middle school students probably use a lot of “ums”, “likes”, or awkward pauses when speaking. You may even have a hard time getting them to construct arguments when they give a presentation or participate in a class discussion. In this video, I’m going to walk you through 3 effective strategies that you can immediately implement to get your students to master the speaking and listening standards in an engaging way.
Tune in now to hear:
- [:31] Caitlin explains the importance of getting student buy-in and exactly how to do that.
- [:59] Caitlin discusses the 3 activities to use for “speech school.”
- [1:10] She explains the first activity: Ask the Expert.
- [3:47] She dives into the second activity of speech school: The 30-second challenge!
- [5:33:] Caitlin explains the third activity of speech school: Enthusiasm Expertise.
- [8:34:] She explains how different activities allow your students the opportunity to practice these important skills and become confident communicators.
Click here to watch on Youtube!
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, we want to encourage you to do that today. We don’t want you to miss a single episode. We add a brand-new episode every week, and if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra awesome today, we would be super grateful if you left us a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find our podcast, and they’re also so much fun for us to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let us know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!