We know you don’t want to spend all of your time teaching to the test, but at the same time you need to make sure your students are prepared so they can be successful. The key is adding a little creativity and prep work. Today I’m sharing a Test Prep Treasure Hunt that is super engaging and effective to prepare your students for state testing. Plus, you can use it year after year after it is created.
Tune in now to hear:
- [:30] Caitlin begins talking about the importance of a Test Prep Treasure Hunt.
- [:55] Caitlin shares what you’ll need to set up your treasure hunt.
- [1:18] She reminds you to use direction words that your students will see on the state test.
- [2:07] Caitlin shares an example passage to use for a treasure hunt along with questions to ask.
- [3:37] She talks about hiding the reading passages around your classroom to begin and gives examples of clues.
- [4:37] She explains how to begin by dividing your students into groups and giving them a copy of the questions for the hunt.
- [5:45] Caitlin continues discussing the activity and prizes you may want to give students for completing the treasure hunt.
- [6:16] Caitlin reminds you that this Test Prep Treasure Hunt is an excellent way to prepare for the test while having fun in your classroom.
Click here to listen now!
Click here to watch on Youtube!
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, we want to encourage you to do that today. We don’t want you to miss a single episode. We add a brand-new episode every week, and if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra awesome today, we would be super grateful if you left us a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find our podcast, and they’re also so much fun for us to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let us know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!