The stress of testing season is upon us. This episode is a great reminder to NOT just focus on the test. Don’t forget about all of the other fun topics we get to cover. To do this, incorporate some fun test prep practice into your existing curriculum. Remember to use some direction words in your activities and throughout the day so that your students are familiar with using them.
Tune in now to hear:
- [:30] Caitlin begins talking about the stress of testing season and how you can incorporate test prep into your regular curriculum.
- [2:18] She reminds you to use direction words that your students will see on the state test.
- [2:44] Caitlin shares an example activity of an investigation trail to try out in your classroom.
- [3:40] She talks about coming up with questions that include directions words for your investigation trail.
- [4:45] She explains how to begin by dividing your students into groups and placing each group at one of the investigation stations throughout your room.
- [5:05] Caitlin encourages you to not just teach to the test and reminds you to focus on broader and deeper topics.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to our podcast? If you’re not, we want to encourage you to do that today. We don’t want you to miss a single episode. We add a brand-new episode every week, and if you’re not subscribed, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Now if you’re feeling extra awesome today, we would be super grateful if you left us a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find our podcast, and they’re also so much fun for us to go in and read. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let us know what your favorite part of the podcast is. Thank you!